Trans Healthcare: Resources for Educating Providers
- “Medical Therapy and Health Maintenance for Transgender Men: A Guide For Health Care Providers” – a comprehensive guide you can share with doctors who would like to work with you, but don't have a lot of experience treating trans male patients.
- Transgender-Affirming Hospital Resources The publication — “Creating Equal Access to Quality Health Care for Transgender Patients” — answers many hospital administrators’ questions about transgender patients, shows them how to reduce bias and insensitivity, and addresses key issues such as confidentiality, room assignments, bathroom access, and admitting/registration proceduress. The guidance, which also includes unique model policies that can be adapted to meet the needs of individual hospitals, was prepared by Lambda Legal, the Human Rights Campaign (HRC), and the LGBT Rights Committee of the New York City Bar Association, with pro bono assistance from Hogan Lovells US, LLP.
- Dean Spade’s essay “About Purportedly Gendered Body Parts”
- The National Health LGBT Health Education Center The National LGBT Health Education Center provides educational programs and technical assistance to health care organizations nationally and internationally to help them optimize their ability to provide accessible, culturally responsive, high quality, and cost effective care to lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) people.
- The Philadelphia Trans Health Conference - From their website: " This FREE conference offers three full days of workshops and activities focused on the health and well-being of transgender people and our communities.Now in its 14th year, the conference draws a diverse group of over 3,500 people of many gender identiities and expressions from across the country and around the globe. PTHC is also a great space for our families, friends, allies, and providers."
- 10 Tips for working with Transgender Individuals (pamphlet for providers)